Fun when done as a family, this only requires old magazines, papers, boxes and other materials you can easily find around the house.
What you need:
- Colored pencils and pens
- Household junk
- Magazines and newspapers
- Sheets of good quality white paper – one or two for each portrait
What to do:
- Each person chooses a family member for their portrait (no one is left out).
- Using your art supplies and junk, create a unique portrait of your chosen family member.
- You can also cut words out from magazines to describe that person, and be as creative and wild as you like!
- Using another piece of paper, design a frame for your portrait and attach to the outside of your portrait.
- Once everyone has completed their pictures – and they’re dry – choose the perfect spot in the house to display them.
It’s also a great idea to have a look online and study a particular artist’s style (e.g., Malang, Picasso, Japanese animation, etc ) and have each family member imitate this as they create their portrait.