These grow incredibly quickly, so your kids will have a family of monggo heads on their windowsill in a few days. You can use eggshells or empty yoghurt tubs, and decorate them to look like friends and family.
When the monggo has grown a few inches, cut it off and enjoy in an egg sandwich for lunch
What you need:
- A pack of monggo seeds (from the market or grocery)
- Empty yoghurt tubs or eggshells
- Paper towel
- Paints and glitter to decorate the heads
What to do:
- Decorate and add features to your monggo head tub or eggshell before you plant the seeds – maybe styling it on yourself or a family member!
- Wet some paper towels and put it in the bottom of your head, then wet some cotton and place on top of the paper towel. Leave a 3cm gap between the cotton wool and the top of the eggshell or tub.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of monggo seeds onto the wet cotton wool, and press down gently with your finger.
- Place the heads in a warm place, exposed to daylight and wait for your seeds to grow into tiny, delicious bushes of monggo beans!