This is definitely best made outside on a patio or area of grass, as the lemonade fizzes everywhere! It's fun for kids to build and to watch. We recommend taking photos – as the results are spectacularly messy!
What you need:
- A handful of sweets with sugar shells (e.g.,: Mentos, Skittles, Nips or M&M’s)
- Two litre bottles of lemonade soda or other fizzy drink
- Small square of card (10cm by 10cm)
What to do:
- Roll up the sweets in the paper to make a stack about 6cm high, and cover one end with the square of card
- Open the bottle of lemonade and remove the cap, place the roll of sweets on top with the card still in place. Do not leave the cap on.
- When you’re ready, pull the card away so the sweets fall quickly into the bottle of lemonade and make a swift getaway to avoid getting soaked!
- You can keep adding sweets to the bottle another ten or so times, so don’t worry if you don’t get the results on camera the first time!