As the days get longer it means more hours to stay outside and make the most of every extra hour.
Get your kid’s friends to sign up for a basketball league, and change the team members around each week to make sure it doesn’t get too competitive! (It’s also a great excuse to catch up with other moms over coffee in the park.)
What you need:
- Two teams of equal number
- A basketball hoop and net
- A basketball
What to do:
- Organize two teams of equal number. If there is an unequal number of team members, make each kid play against one other kid. Let each team think of a creative name for their team!
- Aim for a certain number of points to be reached.
- The first kid or team that reaches the score wins.
- For one-on-one plays, choosing a winner is done by elimination. The winner of one game gets to play against another.
- Designate a distance that corresponds to three points and another as two points.
- Ask an impartial adult familiar with basketball rules to moderate, act as referee and to check for foul plays.
- For younger kids, use crumpled paper as a basketball and a trash can as the hoop!