Touch and Tell
- Fill a large bag with different objects that you and your child found on a nature walk.
- Tell your child to close her eyes and reach into the bag, feel the object, and name it.
- Can your child tell you more about it? Where did it come from? Does it have a purpose?
Nosing Out and About: What can you smell?
Put some items in a box and have your child smell each one as you hold it near his nose with his eyes closed.
- Can he or she name each one?
- Can he or she tell you a fact about each?
Here are some ideas for items to put in the box:
- garlic clove
- coffee grounds
- garden soil
- dab of perfume on a piece of cotton
- peanut butter
- and any other items you can think of.