You can do this inside or outside, but be sure you are supervising any water play even if there are only a few inches in the container.
What to do:
- Fill a large plastic bowl or basin with water.
- Sail a boat made of paper – or a coconut shell for pirate fun!
- Find things that sink and that float – this is a little science experiment.
- Use a feather, a cork, a stone, a flower, a leaf, rubber ball, and anything else your child can find.
- Before she or he drops it into the water, ask whether it will sink or float.
- Ask why it sinks and why it floats.
Let us know how it goes with your child after. Post your stories below!