Gingerbread biscuits are easy and fun to make, and great to eat!
What you need:
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100g softened butter
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 175g soft light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- dried fruits or icing to decorate
What to do:
- Grease a large baking tray and pre-heat the oven to 190C.
- Pop the flour, baking soda and ginger in a mixing bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the sugar and syrup and stir in the egg until it makes a firm dough.
- Roll out your dough at ½ cm thick and cut out your gingerbread men with a cutter – or freehand if you like!
- Place your men on the tray, leaving space between them to spread while cooking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack before decorating with dried fruit or piped icing.