Mahalin ang iyong kutis!
- Many new clothes have finishes on them (to make them more appealing on the shelf).
- Wash new clothing before you wear it.
- Fabric conditioners are designed to make clothes feel soft.
- Sensitive skin may react to fabric softeners. If this is your experience, you may need to avoid using fabric softeners.
Bathing and showering
- Try not to spend too long in the shower or bath (no more than 20 minutes soaking in the bath).
- Don't have the water too hot. Water can dry the skin when it evaporates.
- Instead of soap, consider using mild, non-soap cleansers, such as Dove cream bar.
- Try not to over-stimulate the skin with excessive massage, rubbing, or exfoliation.
- Dry your skin by patting it with a soft towel.
- Moisturize with a product like Vaseline Lotion for very dry skin.
- When you go shopping, choose cosmetics, lotions and detergents that are labelled "dermatologically-tested" and "hypoallergenic".